Meet the Orphek PR72 Dimmable Reef Pendent
Meet the new PR72 Dimmable Reef LED Pendant from Orphek. The Orphek PR72 family of LED Pendants was developed with the goal of growing beautiful corals in smaller aquariums, refugiums, and coral frag tanks without relying on energy wasting metal halide or low PAR florescent tubes all the while having a small form factor.
Orphek decided to select the same LEDs used for their PR156XP and Nilus Pendants, thus duplicating the PUR lighting spectrum beneficial and necessary for growing many species of corals, clams, and anemones. The highly efficient and reliable Mean Well LED Drivers used on their PR156XP and DIF series pendants are being utilized on the PR72 Pendant. The Orphek PR72 Pendant will produce Higher PAR/PUR levels and plenty of PAR/PUR for growing all types of corals because the light energy is concentrated on the needed and desirable PUR spectrum while eliminating LEDs that emit non essential wavelengths.
Through Orphek’s endless experimentation with LEDs and corals, they have created an affordable LED Pendant for smaller systems or larger shallow systems where multiple LED units are used.
Orphek is utilizing diffused LED lenses which spreads light coverage while keeping high PAR/PUR levels for coral health and growth.
One of the nicest features of the Orphek PR72 pendant is the plug and play connectivity to your favorite aquarium controller. The dimmable Meanwell LED Driver will allow the user to configure the PR72 to work with most digital controllers currently on the market like the Neptune Apex controller. The pendant includes a cable with an RJ45 connector for direct hook up to an Neptune Apex Variable Speed/Dimming Module (VDM). The RJ45 plug can also be removed allowing connection to interface boards with + and – terminals.
Heat Transfer: The Orphek PR72 one piece heat sink housing and heat sink rapidly dissipate heat away from the LEDs and upward away from the aquarium. To further minimize heating of the aquarium water Orphek has positioned the driver outside the pendant housing which has the further benefit of helping the Pendant LEDs to stay cooler thus extending the overall useable life of the LEDs.
- Highest PAR per watt.
- 36 high power LEDs tuned to the PUR spectrum to provide excellent coral and clam growth.
- Maximizes natural colors of corals and clams.
- Meanwell dimmable driver for improved efficiency and longevity.
- UV and wide spectrum red, white and blue LEDs duplicate the PUR spectrum and giving an 16,000K -18,000K appearance.
- Replaces energy wasting incandescent, fluorescent, and metal halide lighting.
- Low energy use, typically 30% – 50% less than other lighting technology
- Aluminum finned heat sink effectively dissipates heat from the LEDs ensuring long life of the electronics.
- Light weight design
- Length: 14.9”(380mm)
- Diameter: 6.7”(170mm)
- Weight: 2.2 pounds(1 kilogram)
- Power cable: 70.8 inches(1.8m)
- Input voltage: 80-264 volts AC
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 66-70 watts
- Power factor: .97
- Power supply: Mean Well LED Driver
- Dimming capability: Yes, with Apex, Reefkeeper, and other digital controllers.
- Orphek 60 degree lens
- 36 x 3 watt LEDs at ~2watt
LED Make up
- 18 – White 14,000K- 16,000K
- 14 – Blue 450nm – 460nm
- 2 – UV/Violet 410-430nm
- 2 – Orphek Wide spectrum red