Comparing the AI Hydra to the Hydra TwentySix
Recently we have received several customer comments and concerns regarding the Hydra vs. the Hydra TwentySix. Most of these comments suggest that the Hydra with 4 LED clusters is better than the Hydra TwentySix because it has only 2 LED clusters. The goal here is to put that perception to rest. We consulted with Joel at Aqua Illumination to better understand the rationale behind the development of the Hydra TwentySix since the Hydra was a fairly new product and still in good demand. Here’s a quick look at the differences and why Aqua Illumination feels that the Hydra TwentySix is a viable alternative to the Hydra.
Hydra vs. Hydra TwentySix – key points of interest:
- The AI Hydra TwentySix has 26 LEDs versus the Hydra’s 20 LEDs at the same wattage. (The Hydra TwentySix is more efficient)
- The LEDs on the Hydra TwentySix are in a tighter cluster which lessens the shadowing or “disco ball” effect.
- The 2 LED clusters are further apart in the Hydra TwentySix VS the 2 center clusters on the Hydra. Basically, the Hydra TwentySix provides the power of each two outer clusters of the Hydra within each of its individual clusters.
- The footprint of the Hydra TwentySix is 7.28″x5.375″x1.6 while the Hydra is 11.9″ x 5.4″ x 2.1″
- What is not to love about more output over the same area in a smaller package at the same price?
BioTek Marine is currently developing a Hydra TwentySix mounting bracket similar to the HM mounting arm which presently exists for the standard Hydra fixture, but at a reduced price. Keep watching our blog posts or stay tuned to our newsletters for information and pictures relating to this new product offering from Aqua Specialty and BioTek Marine.