ORPHEK ATLANTIK LED LIGHT FIXTURE RAISES THE BAR
Orphek is proud to announce their new flagship LED pendant, the Atlantik. The Atlantik LED Pendant design goals were:
- Provide a model for aquariums less than 36 inches and over 36 inches in depth (narrow lens optics).
- Provide wider coverage than the PR156, previous flagship model. Two more rows of LEDs were added to increase coverage. Light output is 50% more than the PR156.
- Modular in design so all components can be easily replaced by the user.
- High PAR/PUR for deep aquariums.
- High efficiency LED drivers.
- To be continually improved with new software and user will be able to download newer versions from our web site.
- No Atlantik will ever be obsolete.
- Sunrise to sunset, dawn/dusk simulator.
- Full dimming capabilities.
- Ability to store three different lighting programs.
- Four independent channels of lighting with unlimited control for each channel.
- Full color control over all LED channels.
- Mimic metal halide and T5 lighting or a combination of both.
- High performance enhancement and longevity.
- Eliminate the need for digital lighting controllers.
The Atlantik’s LED make-up includes four high range UV and four of our new wide spectrum red LEDs for improved color and fluorescence of your corals. Their newly developed Orphek proprietary white high Kelvin LEDs are used exclusively. A two part mix of blue provides a moonlight effect for night time viewing as well as providing the needed 400-460nm spectrum. Moonlight is a reflection of the sun’s rays off the moon and is a natural occurrence over the reefs. A total of 78, three watt LEDs are used and all run at 700mA to extend the life of the diodes. Four whisper quiet cooling fans are mounted in the chassis which keep all electronics at safe operating temperatures.
The Atlantik is a four channel, six driver system whereby each channel controls a particular color range of LEDs. The channels are labeled as Illumination 1, 2, 3, and 4. Each channel can be independently controlled by both time and intensity allowing unlimited programming possibilities. Incorrect color spectrums can have adverse effects on corals so Orphek ensured that each channel’s color spectrum would not adversely affect corals should an improper color combination be chosen.
Illumination 1 – 24 blue LEDs (460nm) dimmable from 1% to 100% simulating T5 actinic lamps.
Illumination 2 – 28 full spectrum high Kelvin white LEDs dimmable from 1% to 100%. Metal halide can be simulated by mixing channel 1 and 2. Kelvin temperature appearance can be set by increasing or decreasing the blue LEDs in channel 1.
Illumination 3 – 8 blue (460nm) and 4 UV leds (410nm) are dimmable from 1% to 100% and act as moonlights. Orphek’s UV LEDs (410nm) are safe for both the eyes and skin in humans.
Illumination 4 – 10 white (17,500 Kelvin) and 4 red LEDs dimmable from 1% to 100%, this adds more warmth to the color of the aquarium.
With the combination of moonlights this can simulate a red or harvest moon.
Orphek can provide custom LEDs for each channel of lighting if desired. Green LEDs are not used in the Atlantik as this spectrum (525-620nm) can increase Cyanobacteria growth. Our red LEDs are kept to a minimum as this spectrum (665-680nm) can increase nuisance algae growth if enough intensity is present.
An automatic timing feature is available as well. The programming is performed with the included controller and once programmed, can be uploaded to the Atlantik Pendant via USB cable which plugs into a USB port located on top of the pendant. A PC can also be used to perform this task and software is included. If multiple pendants are used, only one controller is needed. Each channel is independently powered by its own LED driver. Any new software updates are available for downloading on our web site to ensure that your Atlantik is never outdated.
An example of a typical program is shown below.
- 0700 – Turn on moonlights at 10%
- 0700-0800 – Ramp up intensity of moonlights from 10% to 100%
- 0800 – Turn on white, red, and UV LEDs at 10% intensity
- 0800-0900 – Ramp up white, red, and UV LEDs from 10% to 80%
- 0900-1800 – All LEDs on at 80% (or whatever intensity you desire)
- 1800-1900 – Ramp down white, red, and UV LEDs from 80% to 0%
- 1900-2000 – Ramp down moonlights from 100% to 0% (or whatever night time intensity is desired).
Individual channels can all have different intensity levels as well as program times.
The chassis is constructed of all aluminum and acrylic, much like our PR156 but larger in length and width. All hardware used is of high grade stainless steel and will not rust and a suspension kit is included with each unit.
The Atlantik is available in two models. Our standard model is designed for aquariums over 36 inches deep while the wide model provides more coverage for shallower tanks and/or frag tanks 36 inches or less in depth. The LED make-up is identical for both models.
- Designed specifically for the needs of photosynthetic marine invertebrates.
- High PAR/PUR for deep aquariums.
- Easily replaces energy wasting 250-400 watt metal halide or HQI lamps.
- Advanced optical technology to reduce water surface refraction and reflection.
- Plug and play technology allows replacement of components very easily with no stress or damage to the unit.
- The spectrum of our LEDs helps control nuisance algae.
- Controller is included, no need to buy a digital controller. The controller can store up to three different programs to simulate sunrise to sunset effects.
- Can be programmed from a PC or MAC computer.
- Software included.
- USB port allows direct uploading of programs.
- Full dimming capabilities on all four channels.
- Sleek modern design is offered in a black housing.
- Moisture proof design protects electronics.
- Reduces up to 50% of energy consumption.
- Low noise fans run at 2000 rpm with a -20db A-weighting noise level.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Highest PAR per watt available.
- Length: 24.21” (615mm)
- Width: 9.37” (238mm)
- Height: 2.11” (53.6mm). Atlantik Wide housing is 1.77” (45.1mm)
- Weight (Standard model): 15.9 lbs (7.6 kg)
- Weight (Wide model): 10.12 lbs (4.9 kg)
- Weight: 3.97 lbs (1.02 kg)
- USB cable:
- Power cable: 70.86 (1.8 m)
- Extension cables available at an additional cost.
- 2 steel cables: 9.84” (250 mm)
- 1 steel cable: 70.86” (1.8 m)
- Input voltage: 90~132 VAC / 180~264 VAC ( Selectable by switch)
- Frequency: 47/63 Hz
- Power consumption: 180-186 watts (Standard model)
- Electrical outlet: Region appropriate
- 78 LEDs per unit
- Wattage of each LED: 3 watts but driven at 2 watts (700mA)
- Standard Model: For aquarium deeper than 36″
- Wide model: For aquariums less than 36″ in depth
LED Make up
- 28 – 75,500K white
- 10 – 12,000K white
- 24 – 460nm blue
- 8 – 450 nm blue
- 4 – Orphek special High Range Red
- 4 – High range 380-430nm UV